EmpowermentNZ Charitable Trust
is based in Te Puke, Bay of Plenty and collaborates with other agencies to assist our Community to thrive. We currently provide and host several community services at our centre in Te Puke, including the Foodbank, budgeting services and social workers.
We are currently open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.00 am – 1.00 pm. Please visit our Services page for specific activity meeting times.
You can contact us by phone on: 07 975 0157
Or email email@example.com
Address: 32 Jocelyn Street, Te Puke
Check out our Facebook here.
Donations: Empowermentnz Charitable Trust, Account Number 06 0433 0544927 00
FOOD BANK AND DROP-IN
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10 am – 1 pm
Weekly on Tuesday Night 5.30 pm. All welcome.
COMMUNITY LUNCH AND FELLOWSHIP
Monthly on the second Sunday at 1 pm
Runa and Kylie: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 9 am – 4pm
from Whaioranga Trust, by appointment
Wol: Tuesday morning
Moana: Wednesday morning
Please call the office to enquire about appointments.
BRIGHT VISIONS/HAPAI MAMA
Waikamania: Tuesday Program 10 am – 1 pm
Wednesday 9.30 am – 2 pm
FAMILY VIOLENCE IS NOT OK
INOK steering committee meeting Monday at 6.30 pm (once a month)
Community Events throughout the year
Aqura: Ladies Group meets at 7 pm Thursday
GRANDPARENTS RAISING GRANDCHILDREN
Every first Monday of each month, 10 am – 1 pm
“Collaborating to see the Community Thrive”
Empowermentnz was established in 2016 by a group of people from several Churches who were determined to see Te Puke go from strength to strength.
Our goal was to identify gaps in the social services available to our Community and to advocate to see these needs addressed. Our Social Workers have developed a bi-cultural model of practice to ensure all clients and visitors are treated with respect and sensitivity in an environment dedicated to ‘best practice’ in all areas of our work.
Working together is an important key to ensuring we have the best outcomes for all members of our town. We are proud to be part of the collaborative conversations between service groups and Trusts.
We have a dedicated team operating in our Community Hub many of whom volunteer their expertise and time to ensure we achieve our goals. We are humbled to be entrusted with resources to share and distribute through our Foodbank and Drop-in Centre.
We look forward to the day when there is a safe shelter for the homeless, and affordable housing is accessible to all. We will advocate and work to see this happen.
“He tangata, he tangata, he tangata, It is the people, it is the people, it is the people.”
We are constantly overwhelmed at the amazing generosity of our beautiful Te Puke community from the individuals and families who drop in groceries, meat, and produce, to the business community and funding organisations who so generously put their faith in us and the mission we are trying to achieve.
We especially acknowledge the following organisations for their wonderful help:
TECT – Acorn Foundation – New World, Te Puke – Countdown, Te Puke – Travelyans – The Orchard Church – Baptist Church – Harvestpoint Church – The Daily – Vector Trust – BNZ, Te Puke -Pukehina and Te Puke Volunteer Fire Brigades – Curate Church and many others.
Ways you can help:
- Financial contributions can be made to our bank account 06 0433 0544927 00 and can be targeted to specific uses if you prefer.
- Food and produce – your donations of canned and packaged foods and fresh produce are most welcome. We are unable to accept items that have been opened and partially used. If you require us to pick up donations please ring our office on Ph 07 975 0157 to speak to our Foodbank Manager.
- Personal care items are often required but not frequently donated. If you can help with toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, and sanitary items we would be most grateful.
- Clothing is appreciated but must be clean, and in very good condition.
- Furniture – we do take furniture from time to time BY ARRANGEMENT ONLY, so please do contact the office to discuss what you would like to donate.
- Your time – the Foodbank is the area we most need regular volunteer team members. We are currently open 3 mornings per week from 10 am to 1 pm. Perhaps you have a specialised business or community skill we could use. Please drop in and have a chat with us. Our trustees are volunteers also, so we are always looking for specialists who can help in various administrative areas to keep us flowing smoothly.